Monday 26 May 2008

CREATIVE ARTS WEEK

You know I've danced in the courts of European royalty and you know I've sung at the wakes of Mafioso types in New York (although I couldn't refuse the offer of that), well I also do school visits where I draw pictures! I was in a local school last Friday for their Creative Arts Week where I went from class to class (20 minutes in each) showing them how to draw a Gargoyle and letting the children have a go at drawing their own Gargoyle too. Needless to say their versions were better. Needless to say I looked like a proper chump.

Children are usually very receptive to this sort of thing and it's good to see their positive reactions to the drawings I do as the majority of my work is intended for them. It's also great to see their confidence in drawing grow as they have a go themselves.