Saturday 1 November 2008

JUGGOLE'EN AND HALLOWE'EN

If there's one thing I enjoy when I'm not drawing, it's juggling my fire clubs and knives. I've just started to learn after I got taken to a circus and was dazzled by a man doing it in a spangly suit and as he made it look easy, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I've also found that I quite enjoy doing it in a spangly suit myself. But anyway, that's all by the by.

I don't know where this guy in the picture thinks he's going with his birdcage but wherever it is, the bird ain't too chuffed about it although this time of year of course he might be out 'trick or treating'. The thing I like best about this drawing is that it's a teeny bit macabre. When I was at college I had a tutor (hello Vicki Morley) who reckoned my drawings of picnics looked more like funerals and I think she probably had a point. But that's by the by too as I passed that phase, although it's good to revisit on occasion.

As for trick or treating this year, I won't be doing that because...
  1. I'm 37.
  2. I don't believe in asking strangers for sweets.
  3. I need time to recover from some horrific cuts and burns to my hands.