Thursday 6 November 2008

READING BETWEEN THE LIONS


YOU:
Woah, slow down Leighton, what are you some sort of maniac or something? What are you doing rattling off yet another book cover when surely you're busy enough doing tons of other books and stuff?
ME:
'Slow down' isn't in my vocab, not when there's a cover needing doing for my friends over at Tamarind.
YOU:
Oh you're so brilliant, you are- selfless even.
ME:
Well that's not for me to say but thanks.
YOU:
Always a pleasure. I'm going to pop over to read your fantastic blog with your fantastic thoughts more often. You're a genius.
ME:
Stop it, you're making me blush.
YOU:
And you're beautiful.
ME:
Well yeah, goes without saying but cheers anyway. Almost unnaturally handsome some might say.
YOU:
Can I see you later?
ME:
Really, just stop it now...it started out as a nice little comment about the latest book cover I'm doing and how brilliant I am an' all but you've taken it too far as usual and now you've overstepped the mark as...Hello?
Are you still there? Hello?
I didn't mean it, come back.

Please come back.